“Ian’s experience and creative approach from planning to execution is impressive. He’s willing and able to raise the right questions, spot everyone’s particular problems and find out what is needed to make the project as well as the person carrying it, more productive. Ian’s unique work style and forward thinking is simply engaging and inspiring.”
Filmmaker/creative producer, Force Majeure
Director, Buzz Films
Ian mentors creative producers, writers and mediamakers.
Ian can work with you on those aspects of transmedia project development that concerns you the most, to help you set and manage your goals. For example:
- gaining an overall understanding of planning, designing and describing your project, giving it structure, and making it managable;
- development of your storyworld, narratives, shared elements, characters, settings and themes;
- designing and planning audience engagement and participation, calls to action on-line and in the real-world;
- needs of specific media and technologies, including gaming, interactivity, mobile, web series and on-line;
- getting ready for business, preparing presentations and pitches, understanding agreements, rights and licenses.
Every transmedia project is unique, as is every creative professional. You may be intending to create a non-linear on-line documentary, a transmedia entertainment format centered on television, a web-thriller, or something anchored in an augmented version of the real-world. Ian starts with a deep read of your ideas and current project documentation. If you are working in a production company, then bringing him in for a one- or two-day workshop is a great way to get your team up to speed.
Based on his own creative experiences, Ian will question and challenge your thinking, supporting you in your own learning, helping you to realise your project.
Together you will create a mentor pathway tailored for you and your project needs. You will together speak each month in a 90-minute session via skype or face to face. Following each session you will have clear targets and work to complete before the next session.
Interested? You are welcome to contact Ian to discuss.